Happy summer solstice! A new season marks new beginnings and adventures for me, but before I share my exciting updates–let’s kick off summer with friends, our favorite “sunnies” (sunglasses in Australia) and some refreshing, “LEGEND….wait for it…NON-DAIRY!” strawberry sorbet!
SUMMER SOLSTICE STRAWBERRY SORBET
Adapted from All Recipes.
Recipe makes about 4 servings.
- 1 pound ripe strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Using a food processor (or an immersion blender and a large, deep bowl), puree berries until smooth. Push through a fine strainer if you would like the seeds removed.
- Combine berry puree, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan. Heat until melted and just simmering. Whisk cornstarch into the cold water; stir into heated berry mixture.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice. Cool slightly.
- Refrigerate the berry mixture until cold, about 2 hours.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Or freeze this sorbet without an ice cream maker; pour strawberry mixture into a shallow dish, place dish in freezer, stir occasionally until sorbet reaches desired consistency.
Party on summer sons and sistahs!