Because he’s one of my very best friends…and he caught me on a good week with a day off from work….
- 1 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup honey
- Approximately 6 cups Cheerios cereal (I used 1.5, 17 oz. boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios)
- Pam to grease pan/utensils
- Optional: ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Grease and/or line a large pan with wax paper and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan sprayed with Pam, bring the honey and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter until well blended and melted.
- Place your Cheerios in a large mixing bowl and pour the peanut butter-honey mixture over the cereal, stirring until everything is well coated.
- Spray a wooden spoon with Pam and spread the peanut butter cereal mixture into your prepared pan, pressing down with your spoon or an additional piece of wax paper to make sure everything is smooth and even. Optional: Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on the top and lightly press into the top with a piece of wax paper.
- Set aside and allow to cool before slicing into squares.
- Save a few, but mail the rest to your best friends.
Now I’m off to the post office before they close! Some times you need days off to treat yourself to a haircut and your friends to some homemade treats. No better way to spend a cool Thursday in NYC.